Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! In the car the other day, J said that he wished Christmas were at the end of January so we could get 2 months of the spirit and magic that accompanies it. While I agree with his wish to prolong the season a bit, I'm also very glad that the New Year comes after Christmas. It seems fitting to celebrate the birth of the Savior and then focus on renewal. I love the hope that accompanies the thought of new goals and the goodness of things to come. And, of course, I have to remember this great advice:
This year for New Years', we headed up to my parents for my family Christmas party. We went a day early so we could ring in the New Year with cousins. Here they are watching the countdown:




 We also exchanged gifts. Here Zelly and I take a few selfies while we wait for the gift exchange:



 And the boys play with Uncle Mark:

No comments: