Monday, December 21, 2009

Santa Stuff

We did the Santa stuff this year, namely the Polar Express, which I loved, and taking the kids to see Santa, which I could have done without.

We've gone to the Polar Express for the past 5 years. It's become a really fun tradition--we drive 3 hrs to the train, singing to Christmas music; eat at an over-priced, mediocre touristy diner; take our 1 1/2 hr North Pole train ride, complete with hot chocolate, cookies, Polar Express book, singing, and a bell from Santa; and stay overnight in a hotel. The overnight stay is sometimes fun (swimming, games) and sometimes not (babies keeping us awake crying all night), but always memorable. I think I look forward to this little trip as much as the kids do!

This Santa might have looked the part, but I didn't think he talked with or listened to the kids very well. But we got some good pics regardless :)

1. Ice packs and heating pads for my bad back, 2. Little H's 2 1/2 hr morning nap, 3. Answers to prayers

3 comments:

Madsen Family said...

What would it be like to see Santa in t-shirts, flip-flops and shorts? Looks like a fun family tradition. And I love the memorable hotel stays, esp. with babies! They make traveling a little trickier. Merry Christmas!

Hayley said...

We want to do the polar express next year. It looks like you had fun. Our Santa this year was kind of strange too. Oh well, as long as the kids were able to tell him what they wanted than it is all good.

Company EIGHT said...

How fun! I just love traditions like this...