Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!! and poem of the month

I got on to upload quickly my 2 favorite pics of my kids from this Christmas, both of which are at the temple when we went to see the temple lights. But I forgot to upload those pics, apparently, and the camera is packed. So instead, I'll leave you with my new favorite painting--I love the very real "how shall this be" look on Mary's face and the depiction of the angel as light. And I'll leave you with a poem of the month. Merry Christmas!

The Annunciation, 1898, by Henry Ossawa Tanner

"In the Bleak Midwinter"
Christina Rossetti

What can I give him
Poor as I am
If I were a shepherd
I would bring a lamb
If I were a wise man
I would do my part
Yet what I can I give him
Give my heart.

ETA: My favorite Christmas pics of my kids, now that I found them.

No comments: