Friday, July 15, 2011

The million-dollar boy


H is our million-dollar boy in 2 ways: first, by the time he reaches age 10, I predict that the things he will have broken or destroyed will total a million dollars. That counts the pickle relish he dumped all over the floor and the cost of the acrylic paint, the clothes, and the carpet that he ruined when he decided that the office needed a little more "raw sienna" to liven it up. (Both of those events occurred yesterday.) Second, he is our million-dollar boy because I fully expect him to pay me back one day when he makes it big. You know, one day when the characteristics of determination, drive, curiosity, and aggressiveness will create award-winning sports plays or big gains in business/industry rather than creating big messes.

2 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Will is my million-dollar boy, too--for the same reasons as yours. He is disastrous, but he is also insanely coordinated (I tell Josh he got that from me). My neighbor always calls him our meal-ticket. Here's to hoping!

mwells said...

That picture is worth 10 mil alone...