Friday, October 25, 2013

Fighting my Elephantic Tendencies

I feel like I have very little mental freedom these days for one reason or another.  This on top of an already rotten long-term memory.  Of all the things I'm worried that I'll forget, one thing dominates the list:  I'm worried that I won't remember how happy I am with my life.  Although I end each day with regrets (that I shouldn't have yelled or snapped or rushed or hurried), I don't have regrets with my life in general, and I want to remember that, as I'm well aware that the days can be long but the years are short. So, let it be said, on my quick lunch break here, that I am happy and at peace.
(And, for the record, I'm only doing mediocre at fighting my elephantic tendencies when it comes to holiday food. Curse thy name, candy corns and Halloween sugar cookies!)

No comments: