Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Looking forward

Mister told me this morning that he is saving his green shirt to wear on "Green Bay Packer Day" in March. Maybe we watch a little too much football. (Can there be such a thing?!) Regardless, the kids are always looking forward to the next holiday!

And as a side note, we'll be seeing a lot more of J in his suit from now on, but we'll probably be seeing a lot less of him altogether as he was sustained as first counselor in the bishopric last Sunday.


When I told my dad about J's new calling, my dad asked me what I thought about it.

"I think it will be hard," I told him.

"That's okay," he said. "You've done hard things before and you can do hard things again. This is a great opportunity for service and sacrifice that will also bring great blessings to your family."

When he said that, I felt the truth of it--the truth of both the blessings and the difficulties to come, as well as the truth of my ability to meet those difficulties. I needed that and I thought I should write it down for future moments when I'll need to remind myself that I can indeed do hard things!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

what a wise dad! you will both be great.

Company EIGHT said...

ditto Courtney...you will both be blessed.
LOL at the Green Bay Packers Day...sounds familiar, except ours would have something to do with the Steelers.