Thursday, May 6, 2010

Did I mention that I grew up in Utah?

And was an avid Jazz fan? (Although, unlike some of my coworkers at the Church office building when I worked for the Liahona, I did not don a Utah Jazz shirt under my dress and flash people with it in the elevator in some kind of misguided fan solidarity.) Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Yes, it's true. I was an avid Jazz fan. Yet somehow my children look like this:

Apparently, sports team loyalty is traced through the father's genes.

5 comments:

Rosalyn said...

I didn't know you worked for the Liahona! When was that? (I was an intern there for a semester as an undergrad. I'm still convinced that I got the job mostly because I was one of the few candidates who knew what the Liahona was . . .)

Madsen Family said...

c, i will NOT let my husband see this post for he too is a jazz fan and "lakers" is a four-letter word at our house (esp. after last night's game). fortunately for him, i am an avid fan of the i-don't-care-just-please-turn-off-the-tv team....i guess he'd really prefer it if i were a jazz fan, but i can't make myself care. i even tried last night, but ended up falling asleep (granted, the game didn't even start until 9:00 here). but for the sake of my marriage, i will say: "go jazz!" and "boo lakers!"

mwells said...

For once in my life I too am a Jazz fan. I would love to have them win at least one to keep the Lakers busy while the SUNS rest!

Miranda said...

I can't believe we are friends with your family! As if putting up with the whole BYU thing wasn't enough. GO SUNS!!!

bluestocking mama said...

jessy, i remember those days of watching games that started at 9 (and i use the term "watching" loosely as i'm not a die-hard basketball fan).

rosalyn, i interned for the Liahona too--it was the summer between my 2 years getting my Master's degree at BYU, so that would be the summer of 1997 (yikes!).