Sunday, December 23, 2012

Oh Come Let Us Adore Him

Nine days ago I was grumbling at a fairly last-minute request I'd just received to write the narration for our ward's sacrament meeting Christmas program. "I have enough to do," I thought. And with the recent Primary inservice, orientation visits to new teachers who didn't show up for the inservice, 2 sharing times, visiting teaching visits, and so on, I was feeling thoroughly "churched out."

But today as I listened to the narration, I felt very blessed for having had the opportunity to do the research and the writing.  As we sang together as a congregation, "Oh come let us adore Him,"  I felt deeply grateful for the chance to do just that today:  to go to church, to worship, and to express my adoration for a Father that allowed His Son to leave His side and for a Son who gave His life and with that life, gave us victory over the grave.

As Ammon said, “Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord: yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever.  Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord: Yea who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men?  . . . Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever.”

I'll leave off with some of this week's Christmas pictures:  making the gingerbread house, visiting the temple lights (and cousin Amy's concert), and making sugar cookies. Oh, and if you haven't seen this video, you've got to! The Manger of Bethlehem



  







2 comments:

Madsen Family said...

As usual, beautifully put. I know the feeling of being thoroughly "churched-out". I am sure no one could have done the writing better for the Christmas narration(and that's why they asked you). But our service is worth it--mostly worth it to others. It's our way of coming and adoring him. It's our way of giving back when we, ourselves, have been so blessed. And I love the scripture you quoted from Ammon. What is the exact reference? I'd love to know. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

bluestocking mama said...

Jessy, the reference is Alma 26: 8, 16. I loved your Christmas card!