Sunday, June 14, 2015

It's Summertime--Where's my "easy livin'"?

So, according to the song from Porgy and Bess, it's Summertime and the livin' is easy.  I'm here to say that I'm ready for the easy livin'. Because we're now 2 weeks into summer and I spent 1 at girls' camp and the other in the car, which was mainly my fault. But I didn't quite see when I was signing the kids up for summer activities that most of them were going to fall all in the second week of summer. 

This week H had swim lessons and sports camp; Sweetie had flute, piano, tumbling twice, soccer twice, activity days day camp, and robotics camp; Mister had robotics camp, band camp, and an orthodontist appointment. 

We did manage to hit the pool one day--we all changed and sunscreened up in the bathroom of the orthodontist. And J has been busy the last 2 weeks scouring KSL for used Razors, and this week, he pulled the trigger and bought us 2 of them. So we've done a few evening rides just on the trails right by our house until we get them registered. And now we're broke, so the rest of the summer, you'll find us on the Razors when we can no longer afford the gas for the Suburban (what with all of the driving I've been doing this week and last).  

  
 Playing with friends

Robotics Camp:

 

Razor-ing

 

 This week we hope to get to a few more items on our list for our Sensationally Stupendous Summer!!
Here's a pic from the first day of summer break, when the kids played Settlers of Catan most of the day. 
And this cutie, helping me vacuum yesterday

No comments: